Have you ever wanted to help families grow and learn together? Do you love the programs of the Prince Albert Literacy Network and have an hour every once in a while to help? See the opportunities below! We can always use extra hands.
Become a Family Literacy Facilitator or Facilitator Assistant:
Facilitators meet weekly with families typically in person (currently online) and lead them through a variety of activities. Assistants work alongside the facilitator ensuring the program goes smoothly. Often times they become facilitators themselves.
- CONTACT the Family Literacy Coordinator at 306-922-6736 or [email protected]
- FILL out a volunteer application and get a criminal record check
- ATTEND the no-cost Intro to Family Literacy Workshop and PALN’s Read Move Share Training (or equivalent Saskatchewan Literacy Network training)
- PARTNER with the Family Coordinator on development and implementation of family programming.
Become a Friend of Family Literacy:
This volunteer opportunity is perfect for those that only have a moment or two to give, but want to support the Prince Albert Literacy Network. What can you help with? Check out the list below and contact the family literacy coordinator to add your name to the program that best suits you at [email protected]
- Storysack volunteer – this is a key role in keeping our Storysack collection in good condition. Volunteers help sanitize and check the Storysacks as they arrive back in our office for missing or broken pieces. Any items needing attention are reported to the Family Literacy coordinator .
- Special Event volunteer – many times over the year, Prince Albert Literacy Network hosts special events. Those interested in helping are given a quick orientation on the day of the event.
- Special Skills volunteer – we are often looking for help with our projects needing skills like sewing, woodworking and painting. If you have a special skill, put your name on a list and we may call you if we have a project just for you.